Join Our Nursing Forum - A Discussion Board for All Nurses and Nursing Students

At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. 

Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

California travel n...

Notifications
Clear all

California travel nurses

NurseMJB
(@nursemjb)
Topic starter  

I’m Canadian with a dual American citizenship and presently working on my California license. The process is taking forever but I’m almost there! I found an agency and a recruiter but if anyone has any tips or tricks on negotiating contracts, what to expect, etc. I’ll be staying in the Los Angeles vicinity. Anything helps!

Topic Tags
nursealee
(@nursealee)

Congrats NurseMJB!! I worked in LA last year on a few contracts. One thing you can be sure to expect is TRAFFIC 😩 lol also expensive living situations especially if you’re in the city, my advice would be to Airbnb or shared living space and depending on if you’re shipping your vehicle or not, allow yourself and extra hour commuting anywhere at any given time 😅. Feel free to message me with any specifics you want to know and good luck, you’re going to love it!!

NurseMJB liked
ReplyQuote
NurseMJB
(@nursemjb)
Topic starter  

Hey Nursealee!

Thanks so much! I am planning on shipping my car. I’m so glad that you said to go with Airbnb because that’s exactly what I did! I heard that it was the popular thing to do. Did you ship your car?

ReplyQuote
tanyabhardwaj1998
(@tanyabhardwaj1998)

Hey, check StudyPal few of my friends found amazing study buddies for #NCLEX exam from it.

ReplyQuote
Afretols
(@afretols)

If you travel a lot, it is convenient to have a personal bottle for water. I have purchased a great bottle in an online accessory store StartMyHobbyTrip. What I like the best about this item is that it can maintain the temperature of the drink. So as I am a skier, I usually use it for wintertime to have hot tea with me. It is a lovely and useful thing and a great idea for the present.

ReplyQuote
Hastionly
(@hastionly)

Thank you for the details

This post was modified 2 years ago by Hastionly

ReplyQuote
Share: