Join Our Nursing Forum - A Discussion Board for All Nurses and Nursing Students

At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. 

Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

New Grad PCICU Nurs...

Notifications
Clear all

New Grad PCICU Nurse Starting a DNP Program

covidnurseamy
(@covidnurseamy)
Topic starter  

I recently was accepted into a BSN-DNP program to get an FNP starting Fall 2020. I will be graduating nursing school this May and have a job secured in a Pediatric Cardiac ICU. I'm worried that starting such a rigorous job, on top of being a new grad nurse, while also starting a DNP program is going to be too much. I understand it will be a rigorous program but have heard that in general the first year (since it's all online classes) is doable to work full time. Do you think it would be too much to start both at the same time? I feel like it would definitely be fine if I was working more of a low-key job, but since the PCICU has a huge learning curve it's more questionable. I learned that I can't defer my acceptance either. Open to all advice on this! I have to give my decision to admissions by Wednesday, April 15. 

Share: