At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

Changing Specialtie...

Notifications
Clear all

Changing Specialties as a new grad  

RSS

KristinK
(@kristink)
23/04/2020 5:21 am  

This is about to be long but I wanted to explain the whole scenario of where I'm at in my relatively newly begun nursing career and where I'd like to be headed. Thanks in advance for reading and any advice or input especially from PICU/CVICU nurses!

So it’s about to be 1 year that I’ve worked at a pediatric BMT unit. I honestly love it but have got to thinking about the rest of my nursing career path in the future. I can’t help but keep thinking that I belong in the PICU or the pediatric CVICU. Initially, as a new grad, I didn’t apply for residencies in those departments because I knew that it’d be very stiff competition in critical care. Especially since my preceptorship wasn’t in the ICU or even pediatrics. That being said, I do realize I am blessed to have been hired to the unit i’m on now. So what I’m wondering is what do I have to do to get a competitive edge in getting hired into a CVICU or PICU? I know there are fellowship programs and the like for experienced nurses (which obviously I am not because it hasn’t even been a full year) that are interested in changing specialties. I’m planning on applying but am apprehensive because I don’t know my chances of getting accepted and how exactly to go about upping those chances and presenting myself. Technically my BMT floor is an ICU setting because we do some drips and we’re under the 1:2 ratio so I thought maybe that’d be an advantage?

This topic was modified 6 months ago by KristinK

mamddes
(@mamddes)
Eminent Member
14/10/2020 7:58 am  

Hello. In our office that works with foreign brands, employees are constantly involved in negotiations of varying degrees of complexity. So among the best negotiators, there are people with very mediocre French and German (weak intermediate), but despite this, they very well convey their thoughts to the opponent and get results. And the guy who just graduated from college generally used the services of this https://aplusessay.com/do-my-business-assignment.html service and is now successful. How could this be?

ReplyQuote
Share: