Forum

3 Tips To Help You ...

3 Tips To Help You Find Your Specialty  

RSS

(@nursebaldwind)
21/06/2019 4:28 pm  

1.Position yourself for new experiences.

I highly recommend applying as a (nurse tech) A.KA. C.N.A. in the hospital “float pool.” This will automatically open so many doors for you because you will not be assigned to the same unit every week.

2.Know your academic weakness, strengths.

Some students are great with cardiac topics and are happy when they end up working in a cardiac unit. Some students enjoy studying pediatrics or similar topics. While in school, figure out the nursing topics you enjoy the most. Your grades will reflect your confidence in those topics 

3.Do research online.

In addition to gaining experience with different specialties and practices, read up on other positions that might appeal to you. Through my own research, I found a quiz that shows you the types of specialties that might suit your interests. Give it a try and see what you think.

nursedanika, nursekatty, and 1 people liked
(@traumakennedy)
21/06/2019 6:13 pm  

Great info  i'm very excited to see what the future holds.

ReplyQuote
NurseBraxton
(@nursebraxton)
21/06/2019 9:33 pm  

WOW!! Thank you, you just made it a whole lot more simple.

ReplyQuote
(@medsurg-mike)
29/06/2019 6:29 pm  

Figuring out what specialty to work in can be challenging. In nursing school I always heard that med-surg was THE best place to get the most well rounded experience once on the floor BUT as a nurse I've floated to all types of units that all have their unique learning opportunities. I did go on to work in med-surg but not because of the hype lol it turned out med-surg was the only unit that had openings when I interviewed...

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register