At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

Notifications
Clear all

Patients dying in the ICU- Therapy?  

RSS

NurseNy
(@nurseny)
29/06/2019 1:21 am  

I will soon be a new nurse on an ICU floor and know that I will have to face death. How do I cope with this? 

Samantha liked
RNjackie
(@rnjackie)
04/04/2020 6:47 pm  

I’m sorry this is so late but hope it may come in a timely manner for others. While death is definitely jarring, it helps me to see it from a more spiritual viewpoint of it being the next phase beyond life. Of course, as nurses along with all healthcare workers, we are going to do all that we can to help our patients. But once it’s out of our hands, we must come to a sort of acceptance. We cannot carry the burden of all the souls on ours shoulders but know that we fought as hard as could and then comforted them as best as we could in their last moments.

ReplyQuote
(@medsurg-mike)
26/04/2020 12:47 am  
Posted by: @nurseny

I will soon be a new nurse on an ICU floor and know that I will have to face death. How do I cope with this? 

Therapy helps (with everything, really). Tried it for the first time a few years ago and had been going relatively regularly. How has it been going?

This post was modified 5 months ago by

ReplyQuote
Share: