Forum

Night Shift  

RSS

NurseBraxton
(@nursebraxton)
20/06/2019 8:00 pm  

switching from four years of day shift to night shift this weekend  so that i can work on my business during the day. Any tips on how to stay balanced. diet? sleephacks?

(@medsurg-mike)
20/06/2019 8:13 pm  

Sleephacks?? LOL dont know what that is. But meal prepping helps keep me balanced as opposed to eating crappy hospital food throughout the night. When I eat better I sleep better. Most people have issues sleeing. I take a nice hot shower after work when I cant sleep to knock my self out.

ItsPeyton liked
ReplyQuote
Selamkemsi
(@selamkemsi)
01/07/2019 11:42 am  

For me night shift was very hard to balance as I was still in school at the time. Now going through it, I feel like I'll be better equipped! My tips are to invest in black out blinds or a sleeping mask. Try to keep your room as dark and cool as possible to mimic a night time scene lol. The day before the first shift go to bed as late as you can to sleep longer into the following day. For diet I would have to agree with medsurg-mike above^ stay far away from the delicious junk food vending machines haha! 

ReplyQuote
ItsPeyton
(@itspeyton)
03/07/2019 2:20 am  

I would just add that I would try to work all the night shifts in a row and avoid off days in between- the off day will be spent sleeping and isn't worth the change in the schedule if you can manage to pull off three consecutive shifts.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register