Forum

Conflict Management

Conflict Management  

RSS

(@traumakennedy)
30/06/2019 4:58 pm  

I have been having a challenging experience with a fellow floor nurse. I believe that their communication style is harsh and doesnt allow for collaboration. Has anybody ever dealt with this? 

(@prnurse)
02/07/2019 4:34 pm  

@traumakennedy

I've dealt with this (not in the nursing setting) but can relate to what you're experiencing. I think its extremely important to speak up for yourself and resolve the matter up front. I've found that saying nothing furthers gives the impression that you're "ok" with the bad behavior. Hope this helps and good luck!

FutureRN liked
ReplyQuote
ItsPeyton
(@itspeyton)
20/08/2019 10:16 pm  

I had words with a coworker today and I'm unsure as to whether I should talk to my boss about it. I don't want to make a big deal by bringing extra attention to the matter- at the same time, I need to tell someone so if it continues, theres some form of proof. Any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
NurseBraxton
(@nursebraxton)
14/09/2019 6:58 pm  

@prnurse

I totally agree with this notion, the worse thing anyone can do is remain reticent in a situation where there safety and job satisfaction is being threatened. 

ReplyQuote
NurseBraxton
(@nursebraxton)
14/09/2019 7:02 pm  
Posted by: @traumakennedy

I have been having a challenging experience with a fellow floor nurse. I believe that their communication style is harsh and doesnt allow for collaboration. Has anybody ever dealt with this? 

How's everything going currently? I hope this issue has gotten better. Poor communication between colleagues is something that I have experienced and feel is common in our field. Sometimes a brief sit down to discuss the issue can help resolve this, but it may be necessary to bring in a third party or mediator. DM if you need someone to talk to or some further support. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register