At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

Not sure if I want ...

Notifications
Clear all

Not sure if I want to pursue nursing anymore  

RSS

Anonymous1
(@anonymous1)
28/04/2020 12:04 am  

I'm not sure if being at home is just having an adverse effect on me but lately I've been seriously questioning if I even want to continue pursuing nursing anymore. I would like to at least finish school but don't know where I'd go from there. Just feel so lost. I really felt so certain about becoming a nurse until this pandemic and maybe my thoughts will change after all this is over?

ItsPeyton
(@itspeyton)
28/04/2020 1:05 am  
Posted by: @anonymous1

I'm not sure if being at home is just having an adverse effect on me but lately I've been seriously questioning if I even want to continue pursuing nursing anymore. I would like to at least finish school but don't know where I'd go from there. Just feel so lost. I really felt so certain about becoming a nurse until this pandemic and maybe my thoughts will change after all this is over?

Trust me, I know how you feel. I'm a new nurse tech and have had many a doubt about whether I could handle continuing on the nursing career path. But to be fair, these extenuating circumstances make for an inaccurate assessment and I cannot know for sure solely based on the experiences I've had so far. In your situation, you have an even greater uncertainty just from the lack of being in the field. How much more school do you have left? Do you think you can wait until you get to clinicals? By the time you get to that point, things may have settled a bit.

ReplyQuote
Share: