Join Our Nursing Forum - A Discussion Board for All Nurses and Nursing Students

At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. 

Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

Going back to schoo...

Notifications
Clear all

Going back to school after a break

nursekatty
(@nursekatty)
Topic starter  

Hi guys, hope all of you are safe and well. So I had started my first semester in a nursing program last year but had to drop out due to health issues as well as personal reasons. I was supposed to reapply this year but with everything that's going on I'm afraid to try again and something else happen. Should I just wait it out until things gets back to normal?

ItsPeyton
(@itspeyton)

You shouldn't have to reapply, I don't think, since you're already in the program. I'd speak to your academic advisor about and consult your school's curriculum and guidelines to see if there's a time limit to finish your program. Usually the case is just that your earned credits will only be honored for a certain period of time. Because you dropped your first semester, that's not really an issue, since you now have to go back and finish those classes anyway. I would also wait a little bit longer if you have any serious doubts. You want to be able to do your program consecutively without having too many setbacks in between so that you can retain what you learn without feeling like you have to play catch up every time you go back. i.e. I wouldn't suggest doing one semester on, two off, then going back, etc.. just get it all done and try not to drag it out.

This post was modified 1 year ago by ItsPeyton

ReplyQuote
Share: