Forum

Interview Tips

Interview Tips  

RSS

MoreOfMoore
(@moreofmoore)
03/07/2019 2:58 am  

I'm up for an interview- any tips or suggestions for a new nurse grad interview?

afllakke
(@afllakke)
06/09/2019 2:56 pm  

wow, ok

ReplyQuote
NurseBraxton
(@nursebraxton)
14/09/2019 7:51 pm  
Posted by: @moreofmoore

I'm up for an interview- any tips or suggestions for a new nurse grad interview?

Ok so I have a few quick pieces of advice for you. Definitely go in sure of yourself and your skillset. Don't forget to breathe and make eye contact- these seem like small things but can easily make you seem nervous and unprepared. 

1. Case your potential employer, make sure you have knowledge of the organization and its history and have a question or two to ask in the end. 

2. When it comes to pay and salary you don't get what you deserve you get what you negotiate. As a new nurse you don't have much room to negotiate but your experience, certifications and acumen may get you somewhere. Mention anything that you think may give you a competitive advantage. 

3. Know why you want to work in the specialty/floor that you chose. Be able to easily speak to your personal and professional interests and assure the employer that you seek permanence on the floor and are not indecisive about your potential employment. 

There are so many more tips, but these small things really helped me make an impression, I think lol 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register