Forum

Confidence on the f...

Confidence on the floor  

RSS

NurseNy
(@nurseny)
27/06/2019 8:26 pm  

As a new grad stepping onto the floor, where should I expect to find my nursing process and skill confidence? How do I perform best while experiencing the steep learning curve of residency programs? 

This topic was modified 4 months ago 2 times by NurseNy

NurseBraxton
(@nursebraxton)
29/06/2019 8:46 pm  

I think confidence and organization run in the same vein. I feel like if you take the time to get organized up front its easier to identify time conflicts and potential challenges in the day. In doing so you can anticipate when/ what you can delegate and areas that you may need assistance from the charge nurse due to knowledge deficit. Approaching these things up front helps to build confidence as opposed to struggling through it in the moment which can destroy your morale. 

ReplyQuote
afllakke
(@afllakke)
06/09/2019 2:55 pm  

I think confidence and organization run in the same vein. 

RNjackie liked
ReplyQuote
RNjackie
(@rnjackie)
14/09/2019 8:35 pm  
Posted by: @nurseny

As a new grad stepping onto the floor, where should I expect to find my nursing process and skill confidence? How do I perform best while experiencing the steep learning curve of residency programs? 

@nurseny Confidence is built over time and unfortunately through mishaps and mistakes. If you're giving it all real effort you will find that you become more confident. I do believe mentors, skilled work buddies and preceptors play a vital role in this also. Give your best and you will adapt....and dont forget to pay it forward because nursing can be savage and rough on new grads. 

Jennifer liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register