Forum

FNP VS Speciality N...

FNP VS Speciality NP  

RSS

MoreOfMoore
(@moreofmoore)
03/07/2019 2:38 am  

Although I'm a fairly new nurse, I know for sure know that I want to go back for my masters. I'm torn btw FNP and PNP. I'm totally all about Peds but fear I'll miss out on valuable learning experience by not choosing NP specialty other than FNP. Any thoughts?

This topic was modified 4 months ago by MoreOfMoore

Topic Tags
Camwill
(@camwill)
08/07/2019 7:35 pm  

Hi 👋 

I did FNP because I was not sure if I wanted to limit myself and I figured I could always learn more along the way. To be honest we never stop learning, right! I started my FNP career in women’s health. I have just accepted a position as a child advocacy clinic NP. That is what I love about FNP, there are no limitations. Good luck to you! 

ItsPeyton liked
ReplyQuote
(@two-nps-in-a-pod)
12/07/2019 5:50 pm  

Hi! We both did FNP because we wanted the option of working with different patient populations. If you know you love peds and only want to work with peds, then go for it! The good news is you can always go back for a post-masters certificate if you decide you'd like to work with another patient population. Best of luck! - Maddie and Rose

ItsPeyton liked
ReplyQuote
thenursejulia
(@thenursejulia)
20/08/2019 10:53 pm  

@moreofmoore I chose the FNP specialty because I could see both peds and adults and didn't want to be limited by the specifics of specializing in peds, acute care etc. Also, I felt like the FNP route offered more flexibility to move into other specialties if I chose to do so futuristically.

ReplyQuote
ItsPeyton
(@itspeyton)
14/09/2019 7:56 pm  
Posted by: @moreofmoore

Although I'm a fairly new nurse, I know for sure know that I want to go back for my masters. I'm torn btw FNP and PNP. I'm totally all about Peds but fear I'll miss out on valuable learning experience by not choosing NP specialty other than FNP. Any thoughts?

I've been researching grad school and definitely feel that the FNP route is more comprehensive but if you love peds, pursuing PNP will be just as rewarding 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register