At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

Notifications
Clear all

Reopening the country? Smart?  

RSS

ItsPeyton
(@itspeyton)
21/04/2020 1:32 pm  

What do you guys think about independent states and regions opening up soon and allowing people to leave shelter in place? Politics aside, it sounds dangerous to me but I also recognize that we can’t stay inside forever. Thoughts?

MoreOfMoore
(@moreofmoore)
21/04/2020 2:08 pm  

No... Absolutely not. That's a disastrous idea. People are just antsy and more concerned about their comfort and going back to their respective normal routines. I definitely feel for those that are truly suffering but at the same time, I am not willing to sacrifice the health or lives of my family or or my patients to alleviate what temporary struggles people may be going through. Everyone needs to have a little more patience. What we really need is the government to make prudent decisions and for the media to stop giving people a false sense of hope in opening back up rapidly.

ReplyQuote
NurseBraxton
(@nursebraxton)
Eminent Member
21/04/2020 3:23 pm  

Well, it really looks like it's just the larger cities where the cases are centered. Remember, this entire thing began with just a handful of people. Looking at the stats and following the curve, the dust might settle by June.

ReplyQuote
NurseBraxton
(@nursebraxton)
Eminent Member
21/04/2020 3:25 pm  

@moreofmoore Respect your perspective but I think it's more of a numbers game than discussing politics?

ReplyQuote
MoreOfMoore
(@moreofmoore)
21/04/2020 3:35 pm  

Honestly it's hard not to get political because it was governmental decisions that got us to this level.. and it will be political decisions that will shape and affect how things go from here on out. Talking about policies IS political discussion. 

ReplyQuote
(@studentnursebatts)
21/04/2020 4:08 pm  

I’m not opposed to reopening. I think this is a scenario in which maybe it’d be best to let nature run its course. It sounds harsh to say, but the reality is that the overwhelming majority of people who don’t make it are those who are already susceptible, whether they are very advanced in age or have underlying health conditions. To put a patient in their 80s on a ventilator and forego having a natural death is, to me, taking things too far with medicine. There’s a fine line between doing our best to help people vs losing perspective on or ignoring the natural cycle of life and death. We can’t let this obsession destroy the economy for hundreds of millions of people. While I am definitely not a fan of the current administration, I think he’s got the correct idea in reopening the economy.

ReplyQuote
RNjackie
(@rnjackie)
30/04/2020 4:06 pm  

I think it really depends on each state and their cases, and even then, different cities and regions within a state will have varying scenarios and ideas about reopening. Georgia and Louisiana are prime examples right now of statewide implementing reopening measures whereas they each house large cities (Atlanta and New Orleans, respectively) that are hotspots for the virus and must proceed with caution regardless of the go-ahead from state level government.

ReplyQuote
Share: