At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

Notifications
Clear all

PPE Shortages  

RSS

MoreOfMoore
(@moreofmoore)
08/04/2020 7:47 pm  

I am a critical care nurse in Detroit and I'm frustrated. We're opening two new field hospitals at weeks end. This will add one thousand beds but we don't have the staff or the PPE to sufficiently do our jobs. Do any of you know of any private PPE resources or how I can move forward because my employer (who I won't call out here)  is not ensuring my safety at all! 

CesalDallas
(@cesaldallas)

ReplyQuote
MoreOfMoore
(@moreofmoore)
08/04/2020 7:56 pm  

I heard about this from a coworker, but I didnt believe it. Also asked my charge nurse about something similar and she said no and that she had no knowledge. Are you working on the frontline? 

ReplyQuote
CesalDallas
(@cesaldallas)
08/04/2020 7:59 pm  

Yes I'm in ER and I brought in my own PPE yesterday

ReplyQuote
MoreOfMoore
(@moreofmoore)
08/04/2020 8:03 pm  

Where did you get yours? Im bout to place an order on Amazon!!! Who gave you the go ahead and Im reading that I should print out the JCO statement and show it when I come in? Sorry for all the questions. I just cant believe this is an option and nobody made mention on my floor. Meanwhile I'm around here taping and stapling masks back together. 

ReplyQuote
CesalDallas
(@cesaldallas)
08/04/2020 8:48 pm  

I got mine from Amazon but it was overpriced. Bout to drop you the link in a sec

ReplyQuote
TraumaKennedy
(@traumakennedy)
08/04/2020 8:52 pm  

@moreofmoore I just printed mine and brought it in. My floor was so hectic that I didn't even get questioned. smh still collected my mask from work also. Felt a little guilty but I have to look out for me. 

ReplyQuote
TraumaKennedy
(@traumakennedy)
08/04/2020 9:16 pm  

@cesaldallas I had put in bulk order with another organization but I would love to see what you found on Amazon. What'd you pay in, blood? 

ReplyQuote
TraumaKennedy
(@traumakennedy)
16/04/2020 10:23 pm  

Just wanted to update that our PPE supply situation has significantly improved. Apparently there's a lot of (new) manufacturers out there churning them out but there's just been a supply chain management issue or disconnect in getting them to the groups that need them.

ReplyQuote
(@medsurg-mike)
26/04/2020 12:23 am  
Posted by: @traumakennedy

Just wanted to update that our PPE supply situation has significantly improved. Apparently there's a lot of (new) manufacturers out there churning them out but there's just been a supply chain management issue or disconnect in getting them to the groups that need them.

Glad to hear your hospital has got it in order. Unfortunately there are still many issues with PPE shortage throughout the states

https://www.axios.com/veterans-affairs-personal-protective-equipment-shortage-366288d3-6a28-4b4a-bd37-46a33998b99d.html

ReplyQuote
patthemurse
(@patthemurse)
04/05/2020 9:11 pm  

After months into this you'd think we'd have it together by now. Smh

ReplyQuote
Share: