Join Our Nursing Forum - A Discussion Board for All Nurses and Nursing Students

At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. 

Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

Notifications
Clear all

Pandemic Nurse Contracts

TraumaKennedy
(@traumakennedy)
Topic starter  

I'm hearing a lot about travel opportunities for New York & New Orleans. Hearing some nurses are making the upwards of 8-10k a week. Is this real? Definitely an incentive. Im an ED nurse thats tempted to leave my floor for a good opportunity. That type of money could be life changing even i'm though it comes with grave risks. 😏 

Nursejane
(@nursejane)

Wow, where'd you hear those numbers? My cousin is the traveling nurse in our family and she's making $5,000 a week. She's on the west coast right now though. And maybe those super high numbers are for nurse practitioners?

ReplyQuote
TraumaKennedy
(@traumakennedy)
Topic starter  

@nursejane No I believe I'm hearing that was for nurses of all specialties and some with hardly any experience too. Its even made its way into memes hahah but I can't find any agencies quoting that pay. Evrybody seems to be tight lipped about the opportunities too. 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 

ReplyQuote
NurseJake
(@nursejake)

Ive been hearing astronomical numbers for travel nurses. I would kill to be a nurse right now (senior student nurse.) I have a friend that graduated a year ago who traveled down south and is making a killing. She said she was going to be compensated at the highest pay since she is putting her life at risk. Her move definitely upset her job that she wont have when she gets back. Can't blame her though. 

ReplyQuote
Nursejane
(@nursejane)

Looks like the Four Seasons in NYC is offering free rooms for nurses, doctors, medical personnel, etc responding to covid-19!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/nyregion/coronavirus-four-seasons-hotel-new-york.html

You still thinking about doing a travel contract?

ReplyQuote
Share: