At The Nurse Link, we value communication and encourage healthy nurse centered discussion. We created this space for your to voice your opinion, ask hard questions and share your nursing journey. Nursing has tons of hurdles, obstacles and triumphs. Rather you are a current, future or aspiring nurse you may share your perspective by joining in on popular ongoing  threads or by creating a brand new topic of interest. No inquiry is too big or small, allow our community of nurses to answer your pressing questions and join your movement! 

Notifications
Clear all

Nursing Student/Tech on the Frontline  

RSS

NurseKayla
(@nursekayla)
08/04/2020 10:57 pm  

Any other nursing students working on the frontline as techs? I became a tech by way of my university and definitely feeling depressed. My program is doing what they can for emotional support us student, but honestly I feel like giving up. This is a front-row seat to hell. Two family members passed today rooms apart, but alone and I just can't deal. Need to talk to someone. I feel guilty but I don't think I can go tomorrow. 

ItsPeyton
(@itspeyton)
08/04/2020 11:35 pm  

Just DM'd you

ReplyQuote
NurseJake
(@nursejake)
09/04/2020 1:19 am  
Posted by: @nursekayla

Any other nursing students working on the frontline as techs? I became a tech by way of my university and definitely feeling depressed. My program is doing what they can for emotional support us student, but honestly I feel like giving up. This is a front-row seat to hell. Two family members passed today rooms apart, but alone and I just can't deal. Need to talk to someone. I feel guilty but I don't think I can go tomorrow. 

Are you getting clinical credit for these classes? Compensation? Like how does that work? 

ReplyQuote
(@tom808)
09/04/2020 5:17 pm  

Yeah I'm a PCT through school as well and feel majorly unqualified to deal with covid patients. For me it's more like the fear of making a mistake or not being able to get help in a timely manner because I always have to run around trying to ask questions

ReplyQuote
NurseKayla
(@nursekayla)
16/04/2020 11:01 pm  

Just thought I owed y'all an update - I decided to stay at my job and am doing much better now. It also helps that the number of cases are starting to flatten in my state. We're still understaffed, though. Thank yall again for your support

ReplyQuote
mamddes
(@mamddes)
28/07/2020 3:46 pm  

yep, yep. When the teacher explains something to the student, this is not “pedagogical ability”. This is human life. If he understands, he will survive and find how to cope with pro essay writing service https://www.customwritings.com . If he doesn’t understand, he will get out. And believe me, for a moment walking down from your teaching Olympus, that it would be useful for ALL teachers to listen to how they are discussed in the smoking room. It would be especially useful to listen to how they are compared. Unpleasant, but useful.

This post was modified 1 week ago 3 times by mamddes

ReplyQuote
Share: